The American Sales Book Company on the corner of Fourth and Magee
Streets. Now part of the Hilliard Company.
The Armory (darker building) on East Church Street, built in 1886.
The building still stands but is awaiting its fate. City Hall (lighter building)
is still in use.
Image is in Greetings from Elmira Postcard Views 1
View of the Lake Street bridge from the Elmira Shorthand
College (on the corner of Lake and Water Streets), looking
south. Postcard dated 1905.
Looking west toward the Walnut Street bridge from the dam, circa 1940.
Delaware Lackawanna & Western Station circa 1915, before the tracks were raised.
The Chemung River and the Lovers' Path at Rorick's Glen
The Spanish-American War monument in Wisner Park.
Elmira's beloved John W. Jones, major character on
the Underground Railroad in this area.
The Wellsburg bridge on the Lowman Crossover, circa 1960.
The Chemung County Airport, circa 1965 - now the Elmira-Corning Regional Airport.
Looking east on East Church Street - Elmira Century Club building on the right, First Presbyterian church on the left. Church building no longer exists.
West Water Street looking east, circa 1934.
The Eldridge Park Casino, circa 1895.
The Elmira City Club - building and club still exist.
Sheehan Dean & Company, circa 1900.
Elmira, New York in Chemung County
Looking for something in particular?